Practice your speaking, reading, listening and writing skills while playing a game! You’ll improve your vocabulary and grammar skills by answering questions and completing lessons. Start with basic verbs, phrases, and sentences, and learn new words daily.
• Google Play’s Editor’s Choice and “Best of the Best” of 2013 and 2014!
• “Far and away the best language-learning app.” —The Wall Street Journal
• “Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education.” —TIME Magazine
• “Among apps for learning a language, you can’t beat Duolingo.” —PC Magazine.
• “The most productive means of procrastination ever discovered. The short lesson blocks are painless and peppy, and reaching the next level (and then the level after that) becomes addictive.” —Slate
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages.
• It’s free, for real.
• It’s fun. Advance by completing bite-sized lessons, and track your progress with shiny achievements.
• It’s effective. 34 hours of Duolingo are equivalent to a semester of university-level education.
New on Android: language tips! Tap the Tips icon next to certain skills to get helpful explanations of grammar, pronunciation and useful phrases. Now available in our Spanish, French and Chinese courses, with more to come!